Phoronix Test Suite 10.2 Milestone 2 Brings More Testing Enhancements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Test Suite 10.2 Milestone 2 Brings More Testing Enhancements

Phoronix: Phoronix Test Suite 10.2 Milestone 2 Brings More Testing Enhancements

Following last month's Phoronix Test Suite 10.2 Milestone 1 development release that brought many improvements to our open-source, cross-platform automated benchmarking software a second development release is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

A silly question. Do you plan to maybe rewrite PTS one day to be in different language one day? I would be happy to use and contribute to PTS, but I am not because of PHP (and I know PHP very well). Python or Go would be really lovely choice IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by baryluk View Post
      A silly question. Do you plan to maybe rewrite PTS one day to be in different language one day? I would be happy to use and contribute to PTS, but I am not because of PHP (and I know PHP very well). Python or Go would be really lovely choice IMHO.
      No real reason to at this point short of some major sponsorship or something to do so.... Rewriting it would be a really major undertaking without much benefit besides avoiding the clumsiness of some areas of the PHP language but otherwise no major limitations being experienced as is.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No real reason to at this point short of some major sponsorship or something to do so.... Rewriting it would be a really major undertaking without much benefit besides avoiding the clumsiness of some areas of the PHP language but otherwise no major limitations being experienced as is.
        Yes, I understand that, that is what I was unfortunately expecting. It still is cool and pretty useful project to many!

Comment

Originally posted by baryluk View Post

Yes, I understand that, that is what I was unfortunately expecting. It still is cool and pretty useful project to many!
          Please tell me, do I constantly get the message "execution error: phoronix-test-suite. bat." Windows shutdown? Why is this happening? Is there any way to fix this?

Comment

Working...
          X