Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Test Suite 10.2 M1 Brings Improvements For Apple Silicon M1, Altra + More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post
    Interesting factoid. ARM International was an investor in Ampere. Now that NVidia owns ARM, depending on the deal with Softbank, that means NVidia is now an investor in Ampere.

Which now brings the marketing name of their recent RTX graphics GPU together with the name of the ARM based server company.
    Moreover NVIDIA is already promoting Ampere cards with Ampere servers...

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbotron View Post
      No. You did not read where i said that most of those institutions you mentioned are already moving to the cloud which is increasingly becoming ARM based. Old mainframe Fortran code and OS/2 installs are all running in a VM somewhere on an AWS instance, or Google Cloud instance, or Microsoft Azure instance. Hell...maybe even Oracle as well.
      You are confusing what I said, with what 'MadeUpName' was commenting on. Also what you are saying is entirely speculative and your statement was "there are no banking apps made for x86". There is easy way to disprove this using publicly available sources, go look at job listings.

Comment

Nice. I am looking forward to Altra tests.

Do you have time embargo when you can start releasing benchmark results?

Comment

Originally posted by baryluk View Post
          Nice. I am looking forward to Altra tests.

Do you have time embargo when you can start releasing benchmark results?
          No embargo, just waiting to hear from them that the results I have aren't unexpected with what they are seeing given the lack of Altra benchmarks publicly to compare against, but basically expect next week to start posting results.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

No embargo, just waiting to hear from them that the results I have aren't unexpected with what they are seeing given the lack of Altra benchmarks publicly to compare against, but basically expect next week to start posting results.
            That is very reasonable. Thanks. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X