Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

phoenix-test-suite on big sur not compiling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoenix-test-suite on big sur not compiling?

Hi Folks,

First post so please be gentle..

I started to use phoenix a few days ago, I got phoromatic working on a ubuntu box without any problems, and got some tests going (I'm focusing 100% on disks - nothing else) I can get ozone running on windows via Cygwin and working natively on linux, but the Mac seems to be causing me issues..

As I understand it, for a test to run, it downloads the source and compiles it on the machine in. question and then runs the command??

What seems to be happening is that I get the following output when trying to compile on the Mac..

./phoronix-test-suite force-install fio

Evaluating External Test Dependencies .................................................. .............................

Some additional dependencies are required, but they could not be installed automatically for your operating system.

Below are the software packages that must be installed.

Phoronix Test Suite v10.0.1

Linux Kernel AIO Development Files

Possible Package Names: libaio-dev, libaio-devel

The above dependencies should be installed before proceeding. Press any key when you're ready to continue.

To Install: pts/fio-1.13.2

Determining File Requirements .................................................. .....................................

Searching Download Caches .................................................. .........................................

1 Test To Install

14MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

37 Seconds Estimated Install Time

pts/fio-1.13.2:

Test Installation 1 of 1

1 File Needed [0.96 MB / 1 Minute]

File Found: fio-3.18.tar.gz [0.96MB]

Approximate Install Size: 14 MB

Estimated Install Time: 37 Seconds

Installing Test @ 12:01:38

The installer exited with a non-zero exit status.

ERROR: clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

LOG: ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/fio-1.13.2/install-failed.log

Now when I look at the installed-failed.log, I see this at the end :

ld: weak import of symbol '___darwin_check_fd_set_overflow' not supported because of option: -no_weak_imports for architecture x86_64

clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

make: *** [fio] Error 1

Is this a common thing, or possibly because it is on big sur?

Is there anyone that that can help me please? I can post the whole log file, but it is a bit big to put on the post..

Thanks in advance!

Chummers.

Originally posted by chummers View Post
    I can get ozone running
    I know the output refers to fio, but i get the same thing with whatever command i use.. iometer/fio anything.. It is just that the last run was done with fio, they all fail compiling..

Comment

Working...
    X