Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Phoronix Test Suite Gets A GUI

Phoronix: The Phoronix Test Suite Gets A GUI

Since releasing the Phoronix Test Suite to the public a year ago, one of the most popular feature requests has been for a graphical user interface. The Phoronix Test Suite is not exactly difficult to use from a command line, but this feature has been in development for Phoronix Test Suite 2.0. However, with this morning's release of Phoronix Test Suite 1.8.0 Alpha 2, a preview of this GUI has been introduced. Those testing Linux, OpenSolaris, BSD, and Mac OS X systems now have a simple yet intuitive interface for facilitating their system benchmarks.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Looks really nice. Can't wait.

Comment

Man, why is it that everytime I see an article in my RSS/Atom reader about the PTS I have the urge not to read it? Where did all the relevant articles go?

Comment

I would have prefered a QT4 gui... but that's fine, it doesn't really change anything for me
        And of course thanks for your software

Comment

Originally posted by tulcod View Post
          Man, why is it that everytime I see an article in my RSS/Atom reader about the PTS I have the urge not to read it? Where did all the relevant articles go?
          Your RSS reader must be broken or ill checked. Only two of the 18 or so items currently in the Phoronix RSS feed are directly about the Phoronix Test Suite.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Yay! That sure was quick development, thank you Phoronix.

Comment

Very cool, this app is one of few freebies that just doesn't suck, very professional.

Comment

Thank you Michael and Phoronix. Very useful app.
                I would like to see a QT4 port also ;-) I think kde4 will gain momentum from now on.

Comment

Originally posted by hax0r View Post
                  Very cool, this app is one of few freebies that just doesn't suck, very professional.

Originally posted by tball View Post
                  Thank you Michael and Phoronix. Very useful app.
                  You are welcome.

Originally posted by tball View Post
                  I would like to see a QT4 port also ;-) I think kde4 will gain momentum from now on.
                  There is a PHP Qt module, but I am not too familiar with it and uncertain whether it's still maintained. There is only about 1,000 lines of GTK2 code that powers the Phoronix Test Suite GUI, so it wouldn't be hard to port it over. If there is enough requests for a Qt interface, I may consider doing the work.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The promised glade improvements are coming :x

Comment

Working...
                    X