No announcement yet.

The Phoronix Test Suite Gets A GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Git master is now a simple (still needs to be cleaned up) preferences manager and batch mode setup manager. The first-run user agreement is also now GUI powered. Lastly, all test options are supported through the GUI. With that said, the GTK2 GUI should now be about 98% feature complete, it just needs some polishing.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

The preferences area is getting more powerful with the GUI...

All configuration options can now be managed and even all of the graph options -- the colors are handled through GtkColorButtons too Of course, still plenty of area for improvement with the preferences area, but it's now a step easier to configure PTS.
      Michael Larabel

Comment

with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit GUI does not work at all

Using Phoronix Test Suite version 4.8.5 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit with all updates and latest stable kernel (currently 3.12.1).

Unfortunately after installing PHP-GTK 64-bit version and changing the file /etc/php5/cli/php.ini and adding:
        Code:
        extension=php_gtk2.so
        ... to Dynamic Extensions section

... I get the message:
        Code:
        PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/php_gtk2.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/php_gtk2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
        ... and it is true - such library does not exist regardless I installed it from Phoronix website as mentioned previously.

Why does not Phoronix itself give such instructions? Why not create such version of PTS, which will work out of the box after installing - also GUI!!!
        So - such articles like PTS gets GUI just are worthless - GUI does not work at all - even after hacking based on information found from internet. I would expect such information from Phoronix itself and would expect working solution.

Comment

Originally posted by zeroconf View Post
          Using Phoronix Test Suite version 4.8.5 and Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit with all updates and latest stable kernel (currently 3.12.1).

Unfortunately after installing PHP-GTK 64-bit version and changing the file /etc/php5/cli/php.ini and adding:
          Code:
          extension=php_gtk2.so
          ... to Dynamic Extensions section

... I get the message:
          Code:
          PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20090626/php_gtk2.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20090626/php_gtk2.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
          ... and it is true - such library does not exist regardless I installed it from Phoronix website as mentioned previously.

Why does not Phoronix itself give such instructions? Why not create such version of PTS, which will work out of the box after installing - also GUI!!!
          So - such articles like PTS gets GUI just are worthless - GUI does not work at all - even after hacking based on information found from internet. I would expect such information from Phoronix itself and would expect working solution.
          Im pretty sure the gui hasnt been supported in years.

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
            Im pretty sure the gui hasnt been supported in years.
            Right, it hasn't been supported since PTS 3.0... But a new UI is coming with PTS 5.0 early in 2014.
            Michael Larabel

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              Right, it hasn't been supported since PTS 3.0... But a new UI is coming with PTS 5.0 early in 2014.
              Really good news. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X