Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New OpenBenchmarking.org Now In Alpha For Better Hardware & Benchmark Discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New OpenBenchmarking.org Now In Alpha For Better Hardware & Benchmark Discovery

Phoronix: The New OpenBenchmarking.org Now In Alpha For Better Hardware & Benchmark Discovery

As alluded to previously, a major overhaul of OpenBenchmarking.org has been in the works for a number of months now including a completely brand new analytics engine as part of the Phoronix Test Suite 10.0 development with its release due out later this year. With the new OpenBenchmarking.org now in good enough shape at least for the internal infrastructure, this new version is being opened up to the public today while over the weeks ahead more features will continue to be flipped on.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Visting OpenBenchmarking.org should now be routing you to the new version.

Comment

The IP blocking feature is going to be abused. It's too easy to put in IP blocks of networks the blocker doesn't control. Unless there is more to it, that is not public facing.

Comment

Originally posted by DihydrogenOxide View Post
        The IP blocking feature is going to be abused. It's too easy to put in IP blocks of networks the blocker doesn't control. Unless there is more to it, that is not public facing.
        There are some precautions in place with more being planned should it be abused.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Phoronix is strongly battling the world of bench testing. Its main competitors seem to be commercial. These commercial products are heavily used by many bench test authorities & publications.

Had to try to explore Phoronix more closely now. Was it commercial, like the other "bench testing" products? Occasionally I work as a Wikipedia editor. Should I now correct, update & improve the Wikipedia description? "OpenBenchmarking.org - Wikipedia.html" does not yet exist.
          This Phoronix enterprise seems to have minimal marketing skills, etc. Instead of relying on annoying advertisements, bigger emphasis should be placed on alternatives. Their relevant web site is: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=phoronix_premium
          Trying to read that page layout was extremely difficult. Summarizing the main contents:

> "Select:
          > "1. Monthly (Recurring), US$ 5.00
          > "2. Quarter yearly (Recurring), US$ 14.00
          > "3. Half Yearly (Recurring), US$ 20.00
          > "4. Yearly (Recurring), US$ 35.00
          > "5. Three Years (Recurring), US$ 100.00

> "6. Hundred Years (Recurring), US$ 150.00
          > "7. Thousand years (Recurring), US$ 1,000

The seventh item was my own contribution to the above table. Both the last two items do not allow for inflation, etc. When I become the next President of China, I shall resource these open source projects lavishly. My "next life", reincarnated, will also have management & marketing resources. Twitter, Instagram & Tik Tok are so effective. So much power & publicity are richly awarded to these powerful internet creations. The 2021 Leader Of The Free World (POTUS) should be as Internet powered as this current genius, POTUS. Phoronix & open source projects will now have a very blessed existence. More fun, humor, etc, via Instagram, TikTok & Twitter.

Comment

looks neat

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

There are some precautions in place with more being planned should it be abused.
              I had thought as much. You don't seem like the type of person to throw a half finished feature into the wild. I have to let you know that PTS has been really interesting to me, as an enthusiast coming from the Windows bench marking world.

Comment

Can something like

HTML Code:
                <style>@media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) { body { background: black; color: lightgray; } }</style>
                be added to all your sites?
                Last edited by elatllat; 23 August 2020, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X