Disabling checksum validation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling checksum validation

I'm running Phoronix Test Suite 9.6.1 and am attempting to run the "pts/game" benchmark suite on Linux, and on Windows. In either environment, a lot of the downloads fail due to checksum validation errors, no matter what mirrors that they try. Is there a way to disable checksum validation? I read on this GitHub issue that there was a way in the past to put files in a "download-cache" directory so that you could drop downloads of Unigine in, before downloading it in the test suite became an option. Does this still work, and if so, would it disable the checksum validation?

TIA

What test profiles in particular are you having issues with?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Windows:
      pts/unvanquished
      pts/urbanterror
      pts/unigine-heaven
      pts/tremulous

Linux (Ubuntu 20.04):
      pts/unvanquished
      pts/urbanterror
      pts/ue4-matinee
      pts/ue4-mountains
      pts/ue4-elemental
      pts/ue4-atlantis
      pts/padman
      pts/gluxmark
      pts/etqw-demo

This isn't the only issue I'm having with the suite, just the first one. Expect lots of questions.

Comment

This appears to still be an issue; certainly pts/unigine-heaven is failing to checksum for the Windows exe for me, even when apparently downloading from Unigine themselves! Manually downloading it myself and then uploading it via the Phoromatic web interface doesn't solve anything either.

Comment

P.S. Using
          Code:
          NO_FILE_HASH_CHECKS=1 phoronix-test-suite make-download-cache pts/unigine-heaven
          downloaded the Unigine Heaven EXE, but (unsurprisingly) this doesn't work in subsequent runs on client nodes without that same environment variable set. Is the hash just wrong in the test config itself?

Comment

I tried creating my own copy of pts/unigine-heaven as a local test with corrected checksums, but weirdly it only runs the test on the Phoromatic server; the clients don't appear to even try to run the test.

Comment

Code:
              I'm having the same issue, that I created a local test and I can't get it to run on the client side

Comment

Working...
              X