Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help running disk benchmarks

Hey all!

I've been looking at the PTS to run some disk benchmarks on one of my systems. I've been having some weird performance issue with the disks in an array and I've now taken it all down and configured single disks with just ext4. I've been looking at PTS to help me but to be honest its a little overwhelming and I never played with PTS before. Benchmarks tend to run for a long time and while Im not in any rush, I do not wish to waste days doing trial and errors. I've already been at it a couple of days running manual tests and gathering the numbers in sheets ... its a chore!

Could someone please help me set this up?

The server is running Arch Linux, just terminal no GUI.
    It contains 3 NVMe disks, 256 GB and 6 SATA disks, 4 TB.

I wish to run something similar to this:
    Code:
    fio --name=sda-randwrite-4K-jobs8-io8 --rw=randwrite --end_fsync=1 --bs=4K --ioengine=posixaio --size=64G --numjobs=8 --iodepth=8 --filename=fio.test --group_reporting --runtime=600
    I then wish to repeat this with 8K, 64K, 128K and 1M blocksizes for rw modes randread, randwrite, read, write ... on all disks, one after the other (no parallel jobs over disks), gather the reports in a nice overview. Another important thing is the test size, its set to 64GB, double the RAM in the system.

Is it possible to do this with PTS? Can someone help me set this up please?

Appreciate the help!
    Thanks!
Working...
X