How to remove old versions of tests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove old versions of tests?

I noticed that some installed PTS tests got updated versions when running benchmarks and that the old versions remained, taking up disk space. Is there a built-in way to clean up old versions?

I had to look through ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/ and manually do remove-installed-test for the old versions. Would deleting the test directories in installed-tests/ achieve the same, or are there other files elsewhere?

Originally posted by blueweb View Post
    I noticed that some installed PTS tests got updated versions when running benchmarks and that the old versions remained, taking up disk space. Is there a built-in way to clean up old versions?

I had to look through ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/ and manually do remove-installed-test for the old versions. Would deleting the test directories in installed-tests/ achieve the same, or are there other files elsewhere?
    Yes you can simply nuke whatever directory you want inside installed-tests.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Yes you can simply nuke whatever directory you want inside installed-tests.
      Thanks. Is there currently any automated way to clean up old versions?

Also, can tests by "installed" by copying directories in installed-tests from one PTS installation to say the docker container's relevant volume, or vice versa, to avoid having to re-download them?

Comment

Originally posted by blueweb View Post

Thanks. Is there currently any automated way to clean up old versions?

Also, can tests by "installed" by copying directories in installed-tests from one PTS installation to say the docker container's relevant volume, or vice versa, to avoid having to re-download them?
        Yes copying can work though PTS will see that the installation (CPU/OS/etc) changed and re-install the tests in case you were using any -march targeting, etc.

No there is no automated way of cleaning up "old" tests as it is difficult to tell what is old/undesired. I.e. many enterprises version-lock different tests to the version when they began testing, so for some tests that could be running daily/per-commit/whatever, they may stick to running an older version of a test for an extended period of time to ensure their results are comparable. So it's difficult to define what is old/unused short of saying arbitrarily deleting tests after like 60 days or something of being unused.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Maybe a PTS command to remove any duplicates with older versions, combined with the ability to "pin" test version preventing removal and/or update would be a solution?

Comment

Working...
          X