Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    https://github.com/phoronix-test-sui...8d6b6f5227eeae Latest Git now has reinstall / re-install sub-commands supported and basically redirects to the force-install functionality.

Leave a comment:

• blueweb
    replied
    That's great, `phoronix-test-suite force-install pts/installed` is almost exactly what was looking for.

`phoronix-test-suite force-install system/installed` takes care of the rest.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by blueweb View Post
    Oh so that's what `force-install` is for. Thanks.

Yes, previously I used `remove-test` first, since `install` would do nothing for already installed tests.

Is there a way to combine `force-install` with `list-installed-tests` to reinstall everything?
    I suppose I should add an alias of force-install to re-install or so.... Will likely add that in Git shortly.

Does:

phoronix-test-suite force-install pts/installed

accomplish what you want? `pts/installed` would be a virtual suite of all installed tests on the system.

Leave a comment:

• blueweb
    replied
    Oh so that's what `force-install` is for. Thanks.

Yes, previously I used `remove-test` first, since `install` would do nothing for already installed tests.

Is there a way to combine `force-install` with `list-installed-tests` to reinstall everything?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    I'd like to reinstall/recompile all currently installed tests. Last time I tried removing/reinstalling a test, it seemed like it had to redownload everything, which takes a fair bit of time on the larger tests.

I previously had ccache installed. I've removed it now and want to make sure the tests are compiled with gcc for consistency.
    Did you try doing like phoronix-test-suite remove-test first? In that case it would delete download files... But if you do force-install <tests / whatever> it will re-install tests without deleting downloaded files. (Or if PTS sees the compiler/version changed, it will re-install tests if simply passing the `install` or `benchmark` command.) Long story short, any downloaded files should only be removed if using like remove-test first or rm'ing the directory. Let me know if problems or further clarification.

Leave a comment:

• blueweb
    replied
    I'd like to reinstall/recompile all currently installed tests. Last time I tried removing/reinstalling a test, it seemed like it had to redownload everything, which takes a fair bit of time on the larger tests.

I previously had ccache installed. I've removed it now and want to make sure the tests are compiled with gcc for consistency.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Is it possible to reinstall/recompile already-installed tests instead of removing and redownloading them?
    What test(s) are you referring to? PTS should keep around all downloaded files and only re-install/re-compile given tests.

Leave a comment:

• blueweb
    started a topic Reinstall tests in PTS

Reinstall tests in PTS

Is it possible to reinstall/recompile already-installed tests instead of removing and redownloading them?
Working...
X