Test Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Development

Is it possible to have automatically skippable entries? I'm trying to extend the capabilities of the tomb raider and csgo tests to allow for custom graphics changes through the test suite instead of relying on just profiles or manually changing the settings. It's a bit of a chore to have to go through each setting every run and I was wondering whether it would be possible to have a preset settings menu first that asks whether to test using low, medium, etc graphics like tomb raider already does plus a custom option that then continues with more menu options for each graphical setting. Essentially is it possible for a menu entry to skip all subsequent menus and run the test right away with preset values.

When creating the test I also couldn't run it using the regular run or benchmark commands. I manually created a folder using other tests as a template in test-profiles/local, and installed it, but trying to run it showed a [PROBLEM] Invalid Argument: error. Oddly, running a suite that was created using create-suite and then manually edited to point to the custom test worked. Is there anything that needs to be done to get tests to show up? I worked around it by creating a test afterwards using create-test and then manually replacing the files with the ones I had created, just wondering if I was originally missing something. Creating a test by just copy pasting a folder and editing it would be a lot easier if possible instead of the create-suite option.

And regarding the saved results: is it possible to combine multiple graphs into one? Running multiple tests with different graphical settings gives a separate chart for each. I'd like to put all the bars together into one chart to compare the fps changes different settings have, similar to how it's done for different hardware configurations (though that technically runs the same test, so I imagine that merges automatically).

I'm running v8.0.1

Yes in the PTS sense that is a test suite. Use `phoronix-test-suite build-suite` and create a test suite for low, medium, high graphics. Then just call benchmark <your low suite> when wanting to run that.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That's what I did to quickly run debug-tests. I was hoping to have it all together nicely. Thanks for the help.

I imagine the graph merging is limited to only the same tests? I was hoping to get something like the attached link this:

Comment

Originally posted by bruized View Post
        That's what I did to quickly run debug-tests. I was hoping to have it all together nicely. Thanks for the help.

I imagine the graph merging is limited to only the same tests? I was hoping to get something like the attached link this:

https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/5i...yAc-650-80.png
        Yes the graphs currently only merge for the same test... but will see what I can do about adding an option to do a style of graph like what you want.... I wrote all of the PTS Graph code and made it quite modular and have added various different 'views' over the years so hopefully will have time this weekend and can see about adding a sort of style like that.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X