Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

compilebench 1.0.2 default settings / aavoid prompting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compilebench 1.0.2 default settings / aavoid prompting?

Hello there. Thanks for all the hard work on Phoronix. It is truly amazing. I am currently trying to automate as much as possible with testing and running compilebench as part of a suite. However, when running the below, I get prompted for Compilebench setting:

Running on Ubuntu16.04, pts 8.0.0:

LINUX_PERF=1 phoronix-test-suite debug-run batch-run build-linux-kernel aio-stress compilebench phpbench stream

~~~~

Compile Bench 0.6:
    pts/compilebench-1.0.2
    Disk Test Configuration
    1: Initial Create
    2: Compile
    3: Read Compiled Tree
    4: Test All Options
    ** Multiple items can be selected, delimit by a comma. **

I have run "phoronix-test-suite batch-setup". I have also tried fiddling with settings in /var/lib/phoronix-test-suite/test-profiles/pts/compilebench-1.0.2/test-definition.xml to no avail. Any ideas?

Thanks much in advance.

The easiest way would be....

phoronix-test-suite build-suite

Name the suite say xyz. Then select build-linux-kernel, aio-stress, compilebench, phpbench, stream. When selecting the tests, you will be prompted to make select(s) on the items you wish to use.

Then afterwards just run:

LINUX_PERF=1 phoronix-test-suite debug-run batch-run xyz (or whatever the test suite ends up being called).

Basically, a test suite in the PTS context is just a defined set of test profiles and any necessary configuration options.

Does that make sense?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Ah! Yes! I had seen that option but didn't realize the config could be captured in there. Thanks for the lightning fast response! Very much appreciated. There is one other question this led to... is it possible to be able to have a pdf or csv generated locally with all the results without having to upload to openbenchmarking.org?

Comment

phoronix-test-suite result-file-to-pdf <result file name> (this option does require PHP GD be installed on your system)

or

phoronix-test-suite result-file-to-csv

From a local Phoromatic server instance are also options there too for exporting via these means or JSON, etc.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thank you VERY much, Michael. You are incredible...keep up the great work!

Comment

Working...
          X