pts/hpcc will not install on Ubuntu 18.04, PTS 8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pts/hpcc will not install on Ubuntu 18.04, PTS 8.0

On Phoronix Test Suite 8.0.0, I tried to install the hpcc test, and it gives an error. This is a fresh copy of PTS 8.0.0, downloaded as a Debian package from phoronix-test-suite.com. I am using Ubuntu Mate 18.04. After installing, I ran
    phoronix-test-suite benchmark pts/hpcc

It then tries to install the test. During the installation process, the terminal produces the following error:

The installer exited with a non-zero exit status.
    ERROR: collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    LOG: ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/hpcc-1.2.2/install-failed.log

[PROBLEM] pts/hpcc-1.2.2 is not installed.

[PROBLEM] You must enter at least one test, suite, or result identifier to run.

What does ~/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/hpcc-1.2.2/install-failed.log say?

Comment

It is a big file with 1398 lines and a lot of text. I tried pasting the whole thing into this post, but the forum software says it exceeds the character limit.

Comment

You have several options:
        1. look in the file, maybe you will be able to identify the error by yourself and fix it, maybe you will need to google it.
        2. post link to https://pastebin.com/ with your log.

Comment

Here's a Pastebin link:
          Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

If yuou try again, pts/hpcc-1.2.3 is now the latest version that will automatically be used and it has a build script fix for Ubuntu 18.04.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Thank you, it works now.

Comment

Working...
              X