Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTS Tutorial?

Hello,

I cannot figure out how to carry out benchmark tests using PTS on few Steam games that I own. As a start, I want to test some Vulkan games that I own, Max Max, DiRT Rally, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. I would like to test first on 17.10 with stock kernel, recompile stock kernel with CK patchset (MuQSS etc), and then try installing latest Liquorix.

I have looked at manual but it is very dry and not user friendly, it just blurs out all the option. Searching around google reveals that many people are confused as well, in fact I haven't figured out how to effectively use PTS in last 10 years beside simple commands like "phoronix-test-suite run pts/riseofthetombraider" which by the way fails.

I have the following questions:
    1) how can I create my suite of mentioned 3 Steam games and benchmark them on stock 17.10?
    2) how can I resume same test later on CK kernel, and also run same thing on Liquorix kernel?
    3) how can I have PTS record all data and graph it at the end?

Eventually I'm planning on running same benchmark of 3 games on Gentoo with LTO and PGO optimization, optimized glibc, and some other tweaks inspired by ClearLinux and Solus. If somebody could list out all the commands I would appreciate it.

Pardon my ignorance, I figured it out, it is as simple as running "phoronix-test-suite run pts/riseofthetombraider-1.0.1" and then giving that session an unique name, e.g. "Bench Day 0" and then rerunning same command but now with argument being the unique name that was given in the beginning: "phoronix-test-suite run bench-day-0", the results get saved under ~/.phoronix-test-suite/test-results/bench-day-0

Comment

Working...
    X