GIMP Picks Up Support For The New Flatpak/FreeDesktop.org Screenshot API

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIMP Picks Up Support For The New Flatpak/FreeDesktop.org Screenshot API

Phoronix: GIMP PIcks Up Support For The New Flatpak/FreeDesktop.org Screenshot API

Hot off the release of the new GIMP 2.9.8 and ahead of the expected GIMP 2.10 release candidates that are expected to begin, a new addition to GIMP is a plug-in supporting the new FreeDesktop.org/Flatpak screenshot API...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Little typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    GIMP PIcks Up Support For The New Flatpak/FreeDesktop.org Screenshot API

Comment

While I appreciate GIMP staying "trendy", I would really appreciate them expediting GTK3 support.

Then at the very least I can finally use the dark theme on it and not be embarrassed by the hot mess the GUI currently looks like in the professional world.

Comment

Well, packaging the xdg-desktop-portal-* packages by default is kinda the distribution's responsibility....

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post
          While I appreciate GIMP staying "trendy", I would really appreciate them expediting GTK3 support.

Then at the very least I can finally use the dark theme on it and not be embarrassed by the hot mess the GUI currently looks like in the professional world.
          That work is already in progress - https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Roadmap

Comment

Originally posted by boxie View Post

That work is already in progress - https://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Roadmap

already? (it was "in progress" even before 2.8 was released)

Comment

Working...
            X