No announcement yet.

Initial Tessellation Shader Support For RadeonSI NIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does not really matter who invented NIR. But of course it means that the code was good if others use/extend/rely on it. I don't understand a Linux user who is against code sharing.

Comment

I think debianxfce has lost contact to present technology. Using debian and xfce, he ist just behind in technology, both aren't contenders in modern desktop paradigms. That's true, even when you build frankenbian with ubuntu ppas, which isn't a very good idea. It's just not going to happen that things will not get better because of one fool wanting the world to stop rotating.

Comment

I don't get why you guys keep replying to it, just put it in your ignore list and let it go. What good outcome do you expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Hibbelharry View Post
          I think debianxfce has lost contact to present technology. Using debian and xfce, he ist just behind in technology, both aren't contenders in modern desktop paradigms. That's true, even when you build frankenbian with ubuntu ppas, which isn't a very good idea. It's just not going to happen that things will not get better because of one fool wanting the world to stop rotating.
          There's nothing wrong with using both debian and xfce, depending on your objective, of course. I am actually using that combination right now on my work computer (though to the dismay of debianxfce, I'm using an Intel platform). Debian is simple to maintain, while XFCE is stable and offers everything I need in a work PC while being very stable, clean, and low on memory usage. But unlike debianxfce, I don't promote this user experience as the way to go. Debian's definition of stable is "old", and as long as XFCE isn't using GTK3/4, it is losing relevance on a monthly basis. At home, I use KDE and LXQt with Arch. When I install Linux for other people, I tend to use GNOME with Ubuntu. One of the great things about Linux is how there isn't a single method of doing things, and progress can still be made without totally abandoning things. This is something debianxfce doesn't seem to realize.

Comment

Working...
          X