KDE's Elisa Music Player Prepares Its First Alpha Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zoll View Post
    I can get Netflix and Amazon Video here in Kuwait, but I cannot get _any_ paid Music service (Spotify, Amazon, Google) to work here. Only ITunes work locally but I refuse to use it. Fuck the music industry!
    Deezer has a decent web interface and should work in Kuwait (it's on the "supported countries" list).

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
      Deadbeef is my second favorite though. I especially like how it shows the bit rate on-the-fly for MP3s ripped with a variable rate..
      I don't know about Elisa, but I can't think of many players not showing the bitrate on-the-fly for MP3's ripped with a variable rate. Only a few simple ones like GNOME Music, the media module of gThumb, Totem, JuK etc. lack that feature but most others do have that feature.

Comment

I use Sayonara player, it is light fast and is my favorite player.

Comment

For people looking for simple and well featured players, there is always Qmmp in Qt (both 4 and 5) and Audacious (GTK). Both took the torch from XMMS and are still actively developed.
          Last edited by M@GOid; 10 December 2017, 08:17 PM. Reason: Changed Audacity to Audacious

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
            For people looking for simple and well featured players, there is always Qmmp in Qt (both 4 and 5) and Audacity (GTK). Both took the torch from XMMS and are still actively developed.
            Did you mean Audacious? Audacity is a sample editor. Love Audacious myself, it's my go to audio player.

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
              For people looking for simple and well featured players ...Audacity (GTK).
              You mean audacious. And it has both GTK and Qt interfaces.

Comment

Yes I mean Audacious. Fixed it :-)

Comment

Plesse, in your experience which playersbetter support "bigger" libraries?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
                    Something like iTunes will never happen on Linux. The closest you can get is something browser-based, like what Amazon and Google offer.
                    Apparently, many here have not heard of Tomahawk Player?

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

Deezer has a decent web interface and should work in Kuwait (it's on the "supported countries" list).
                      THANK YOU! I just signed up and I love it!

Comment

Working...
                      X