No announcement yet.

KDE's Elisa Music Player Prepares Its First Alpha Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My music player of choice is Deadbeef. It will let me play bit perfect audio and it doesn't bog me down with all of the other junk that some players try and tack on. I don't need lyrics or album notes or art. I just want my music.

Comment

Originally posted by trivialfis
      I hope that I can use iTunes on Linux without wine. Looking for someone to provide music service on Linux.
      Other music players can't natively support iTunes because they do lots of tricks against reverse-engineering, and change their protocols every time some 3-rd party software managed to workaround them.

That said, if iTunes supports web-interface, I imagine one could make a wrapper around that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by vsteel View Post
        My music player of choice is Deadbeef. It will let me play bit perfect audio and it doesn't bog me down with all of the other junk that some players try and tack on. I don't need lyrics or album notes or art. I just want my music.
        Peasant! True Lightweight 1337 h4x0rs like myself use cmus!!!!!

Repent and see the light.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
          Clementine is Qt4-based but it's the best by far.
          Current Git master branch of Clementine is Qt 5 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
            Current Git master branch of Clementine is Qt 5 :-)
            Current master branch is not using Qt5 yet, but there is a Qt5 specific branch in their repo.

I'm using it on arch via clementine-qt5-git from aur, and it works well
            The only downside is having to recompile it when deps are updated.

Comment

excellent. I used always to uninstall amarock because it is unable to run audio in a good way or to unable to play music at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
                excellent. I used always to uninstall amarock because it is unable to run audio in a good way or to unable to play music at all.
                I never had any problems with Amarok but still didn't like it much, really prefer a simpler interface that doesn't try to do everything and gets in you're face!
                I usually install and use Audacious as I play Amiga music mods pretty often and it plays most formats.

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricPrism View Post

Peasant! True Lightweight 1337 h4x0rs like myself use cmus!!!!!

Repent and see the light.
                  But I want to use my mouse for something, not to mention I don't want to see the light, I like to work in darker rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
                    Something like iTunes will never happen on Linux.
                    That's also what people used to say about Microsoft products like Visual Studio and look, we now sort-of have it. Same goes for Steam. And I can think of many other example. So never say never.

Comment

Originally posted by Dehir View Post
                      Prefer clementine here.
                      Very good argument! You were so kind to let us know why your prefer Clementine and your reason is *so* valid! [/sarcasm]

Comment

Working...
                      X