Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 Officially Out With New Screen Recorder, In-Game Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 Officially Out With New Screen Recorder, In-Game Improvements

Phoronix: SuperTuxKart 0.9.3 Officially Out With New Screen Recorder, In-Game Improvements

There was the release candidate back for Halloween while now officially available is SuperTuxKart 0.9.3, the latest installment of the Tux-themed racing game...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I was pleasantly surprised to find that this version's legacy renderer is actually much faster and looks better than 0.8 on Ironlake hardware. Good job, guys!

Comment

But is it fun?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        But is it fun?
        My 6 year old seems to think so.

Comment

But is it fun?
          Very fun, it's easily on par with mario kart and superb to most other less known kart racing games.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyber Killer View Post

Very fun, it's easily on par with mario kart and superb to most other less known kart racing games.
            Meh, maybe on par with Mario Kart 64. You definitively can't compare with the most recent one, MK DD, MK 7 and 8/Deluxe are master pieces.

STK is very good, but need some graphical enhancement and better powerups (they should copy the mechanics of Modnation Racers - one of the best kart game ever)

Comment

But is it fun?
              I think so, but not as much fun as it used to be. I like the 0.7 series, which allows drifting, but no longer works with newer versions of glibc. I keep a copy of LM 17.3 around just for this.

Comment

Originally posted by fagnerln View Post

Meh, maybe on par with Mario Kart 64. You definitively can't compare with the most recent one, MK DD, MK 7 and 8/Deluxe are master pieces.
                Personally I like it exactly because the gameplay reminds me of Mario Kart 64, which I spent many many hours playing. SuperTuxKart brings that good memories.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post

My 6 year old seems to think so.
                  I'm 25 (almost 26) years old and I love STK as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fagnerln View Post

Graphically, the most recent MK's are somewhat better without a doubt. And some powerups may be a bit better as well, but STK is up to par for the most part and it's definitely a lot of fun and the best non-MK racing game ever made IMHO. One thing it has over MK is that you can easily add new tracks and karts w/o having to buy the newest release (which is the case for MK).

And hey, ain't nothing wrong with MK64. It's still my favorite of the MK series. I have so many fond memories of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X