Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel 2017Q3 Graphics Stack Recipe Released

Phoronix: Intel 2017Q3 Graphics Stack Recipe Released

Intel's Open-Source Technology Center has put out their quarterly Linux graphics driver stack upgrade in what they are calling the latest recipe...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

xf86-video-intel 2.99.917 DDX driver rather than issuing a new driver release or simply xf86-video-modesetting
    On my Broadwell system, modesetting still underperforms xf86-video-intel. But more importantly, it lacks some key features. For example, this unsupported feature prevents many SDL based games from working.

Make sure you're not using the modesetting driver, that one doesn't support gamma control yet.

Comment

Modesetting is a garbage for gaming laptops. What if my Gpu or dGpu power is not enough for one game and i must use a resolution lower than 1080p, like 720p for example? The 720p resolution is not there OMG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
        Modesetting is a garbage for gaming laptops. What if my Gpu or dGpu power is not enough for one game and i must use a resolution lower than 1080p, like 720p for example? The 720p resolution is not there OMG!!!
        Gaming with an Intel GPU? Hehe. I feel for you ... but at the same time I laugh at you. The only games that run smoothly on my Skylake are Warcraft III and Tuxracer. Anything else ... yeah ... better get a laptop that has a real GPU.

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post

Gaming with an Intel GPU? Hehe. I feel for you ... but at the same time I laugh at you. The only games that run smoothly on my Skylake are Warcraft III and Tuxracer. Anything else ... yeah ... better get a laptop that has a real GPU.
          I wrote dGpu (8850m) with Prime, still all resolutions (native or custom) come from the iGpu.

Comment

Working...
          X