Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KVM & Xen Don't Change Much With Linux 4.15

Phoronix: KVM & Xen Don't Change Much With Linux 4.15

There are a ton of exciting improvements building up in Linux 4.15, but not too much on the virtualization front...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Sadly the NPT fix for AMD platforms in KVM didn't make it in.

Comment

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post

Comment

Originally posted by benklett View Post
        I think that there is enought time to get it in, finally.
        Maybe you send a reminder to the developers (Red Hat's Paolo Bonzini/Geoffrey McRae gnif/AMD (are you listening?))?

Comment

Originally posted by nuetzel View Post
          Maybe you send a reminder to the developers (Red Hat's Paolo Bonzini/Geoffrey McRae gnif/AMD (are you listening?))?
          I don't know. The patch was in the queue branch until they sent out their 4.15 stuff. Now the NPT patch has moved to linux-next. If I understand it correctly, this means they don't want to get it in right now.
          Last edited by benklett; 20 November 2017, 06:07 PM. Reason: Fixed some mistakes

Comment

I don't know. The patch was in the queue branch until they sent out their 4.15 stuff. Now the NPT patch has moved to linux-next. If it understand it correctly, this means they want to get it in right now.
            Because the post had to be reviewed, I didn't notice my error. I wanted to say they don't want to get it in right now (this merge window).

Comment

Still no proper iGVT-G support in both KVM or Xen without requiring ridicule remote desktop software. What about the dma_buf experiments?

How disappointing...

Comment

Actually it did!

Comment

Working...
                X