Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU DC Code Lands For Linux 4.15 Kernel

Phoronix: AMDGPU DC Code Lands For Linux 4.15 Kernel

Linus Torvalds has accepted the AMDGPU DC display code pull request for the Linux 4.15 kernel. AMD Linux users can now rejoice!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

This is awesome! I'm so happy

Comment

Party time!

Comment

This makes it even more likely my next GPU will be AMD.

Comment

Congratulations to all involved!! This necessitates a celebratory drink.

I only have Ginger Beer atm so that will have to do

Comment

AMD's open source Linux support is why I now have a Vega 56 in my PC, and why I'm waiting for a high-end Raven Ridge laptop. Congratulations, and keep up the excellent work everyone.

Originally posted by Brophen View Post
            I only have Ginger Beer atm so that will have to do
            A great choice of drink!

Comment

Woohoo!

Comment

Already have an RX480 that is working great, but when this new code stabilizes I'll be going to a Vega 64 (or whatever comes after that). Basically, whatever the best AMD card is at the time the drivers stabilize a little, is what I'll be getting.

Comment

Woot, looks like I will be using 4.15 from rc1!

Comment

Interesting to see GCN 1.1 support (and even more interesting, not GCN 1.0). I may consider switching to this for my 290, but I'll wait until it stabilizes to the point where I won't need any parameters to activate it. Seems like a wise choice to have the code available to those who want it, but not enabling it by default until it is more polished.

Comment

Working...
                    X