No announcement yet.

AMDGPU DC Pull Request Submitted For Linux 4.15 Kernel - 132,395 Lines Of Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally, I'm very happy to see this pull request. Once it is merged I will decide to whether buy a Vega 56 or 64 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
      Finally, I'm very happy to see this pull request. Once it is merged I will decide to whether buy a Vega 56 or 64 :-)
      Yup! Vega for 2018 :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
        Bets are on.

I think Linus will accept it but he will made a very long and furious statement about it.
        'Dave, i already gave Nvidia the finger, and i'm all outta fingers.'

Comment

I think we will see another DRM Tsundere Linus this time. This PR is probably 50% (or more) composed of half-unused #defines in autogenerated headers, heheheh.

Comment

I bet Linus will accept it.

Comment

This is massive really, if it gets accepted I think we are going to see a big jump in performance, reliability and features for AMD GPU users on Linux over the next 12 months. Looking forward to using Freesync.

Comment

You're almost as bad as that 'GhostOfFunk' guy, which we finally (thankfully) got rid of. What in the HELL does your diatribe have to do with AMDGPU and better Vega support in the kernel? Are you so obsessed with Debian and XFCE that you have to mention it in every thread, even when it's not related to anything? Come to think of it, maybe you are a GhostOfFunk sock-puppet account. Because your obsessiveness and useless/unrelated comments sound just like his.

Comment

Landing this code in staging shouldn't be impossible if Linus doesn't have a bad day
                  The bigger question is how long can we expect DC to stay in staging, it may end up staying for quite some time.
                  I will look at the mailing list for Linus response and loaded up with treats.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                    'Dave, i already gave Nvidia the finger, and i'm all outta fingers.'
                    lol though on a more serious note, at least AMD is trying to work with the community (whereas Nvidia is like "you're doing it my way or you're on your own"). Linus' patience with AMD is probably running thin but I'm sure he appreciates their efforts.

Originally posted by Sethox View Post
                    I am in both sides of the argument when it comes to this AMDGPU DC pull request. On one hand you say "Effin yes, good on you AMD" and the other just pure and simple quality control for our precious kernel that makes Linux great. As it is disappointing if it gets denied it just means the developers in AMD have to work harder and to bring even cleaner code but I wonder how long are AMD willing to shoot (if it's worth it) for the Linux platform.
                    I completely agree with all of this.
                    I feel like AMD is a little too deep into their development to give up at this point, but they might think twice about making such an investment again. On the other hand, people like Dave and Linus have a reputation to hold, and they both understand that when it comes down to something as critical as this, you don't release the software and then patch it. They both probably understand that if the code is working properly and gets accepted, it may never get cleaned up. For a monolithic kernel, such messes could pile up quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

I did hurt intel beliver with my opinion, very good:-)
                      You're an idiot... Going on my block list.

Comment

Working...
                      X