• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dat tag

No to OpenGL

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
      someone thinks anarchy and freedom are the best solution overall.
      Without freedom, we are nothing!

Comment

I doubt it will happen before they'll move to Webrender (too much effort that will be wasted later). But after that - they should surely focus on it.

That said, no one stops you from enabling acceleration in about:config even for Gecko. It works well already.

Comment

Also no WebVR for Linux because who needs the new hot web technology on libre platforms anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLexMachine View Post
            It's a problem between the various GPUs and their drivers, and desktop environments. That's why some people can use it on their hardware without problems and others cannot. Windows display stuff works because the ducks are usually in a row and Linux fails because the ducks are all over a god-damned field, going in different directions because someone thinks anarchy and freedom are the best solution overall.
            Nice trolling.

OpenGL drivers on linux can come from 3 sources: Mesa (opensource drivers), NVIDIA or AMD closed driver. SO we have 3 "ducks". On windows we still have 3 ducks, Intel, AMD and NVIDIA.

desktop environments are unrelated to rendering.

This is just a case of Linux being niche while Windows gets top priority, and also an usual case of people on linux not pulling money from their wallets and crowdfunding some development instead of whining.

Comment

Any information on when firefox will drop the title bar on linux? I mean that one with "minimize, maximize, close" and also shows domain name.
              On Windows and Mac its already like like, it's integrated where you see the tabs. Chrome is using that style for a long time already on linux.

It's just annoying. Nearly 100 wasted vertical pixels ...

Comment

Originally posted by Morbis55 View Post
                Any information on when firefox will drop the title bar on linux? I mean that one with "minimize, maximize, close" and also shows domain name.
                On Windows and Mac its already like like, it's integrated where you see the tabs. Chrome is using that style for a long time already on linux.

Comment

Just remove it via the right config in your DE. F.i., if you use a DE with openbox:
                  Last edited by sverris; 16 November 2017, 03:46 PM.

Comment

It won't drop it. Title bar as well as window decorations, are drawn by your compositor, such as KWin. It should not be controlled by the application. If you want to remove it, you should be able to set no decorations in the window settings of your compositor already.

Comment

Disgusting. Mozilla ought to be ashamed of themselves. All this Quantum talk and still no OpenGL layers?

Linus should curse them out for using his kernel to power their website.

Comment

Working...
                      X