AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 Yields Huge Speed-Up For Radeon Mining Performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 Yields Huge Speed-Up For Radeon Mining Performance

Phoronix: AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 Yields Huge Speed-Up For Radeon Mining Performance

Last week AMD released an AMDGPU-PRO 17.40 beta driver for miners. Thomas Frech is now back with another installment of his articles about mining performance on AMD hardware, continuing from Mining Monero On The CPU and Ethereum On The GPU and Mining Ethereum With AMD Threadrippers Paired With Four RX Vega 64 GPUs...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Shouldn't that be per month?

I do have an awesome 310€ money output per hour thanks to the 17.40 driver.

Comment

Can you test luxmark with this drivers and 6 GPUs?

Comment

I wonder how much the monthly power bill is with 6 V64s, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sykobee View Post
          I wonder how much the monthly power bill is with 6 V64s, etc.
          Rough estimation:

300W per card, six cards, 24 hours per day, for 30 days. Add another 100W for the rest of the system. Lets say you have to pay 0.15$ per kWh.

((300 * 6 + 100) * 24 * 30 * 0.15) / 1000 = 205.2$ per month

Comment

Originally posted by Brisse View Post

Rough estimation:

300W per card, six cards, 24 hours per day, for 30 days. Add another 100W for the rest of the system. Lets say you have to pay 0.15$ per kWh.

((300 * 6 + 100) * 24 * 30 * 0.15) / 1000 = 205.2$ per month
            Miners tune the setup so the cards do not run in full power. You can read articles on other sites where this is discussed in length.

Comment

Well damn, now we are not going to see vega gpus with reasonable prices any time soon.

Comment

Weren't we supposed to forget about AMDGPU PRO altogether?

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post
                  Well damn, now we are not going to see vega gpus with reasonable prices any time soon.
                  At first I thought it was a good thing because AMD would make a lot of money and time would compensate with increased supply. This doesn't seem to be the case though. My guess is it is not a stable enough market to depend on so supply never got ramped up, or it was ramped up but people just scaled up to compensate. Seems the ideal solution is for AMD to start doing there own mining undercutting everyone else.

Comment

Can similiar results be gotten with the opensource AMD code in 4.15?

Comment

Working...
                    X