Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXQt 0.12 released With Better HiDPI Support, More Robust

Phoronix: LXQt 0.12 released With Better HiDPI Support, More Robust

LXQt 0.12 is now available as this Qt5-powered desktop environment born from the efforts of LXDE and Razor-qt aims towards its eventual v1.0 milestone...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    lightweight Qt desktop enviornment is a

Comment

Not a bad DE at all that used to run nicely on my little netbook before Arch dropped 32-bit packages. I can't think of many places to run this now, except maybe the low power ARM devices.

Comment

Considering it's niche as a low requirement desktop built on modern technology, lxqt is in my opinion best in class. lxqt with kwin runs very well on my Samsung Chromebook Plus with software graphics. It lacks a bit of polish: the shutdown issue that is now fixed in 0.12 caused me a bit of grief. The menu search really should reset when the menu is closed. I wish it had an on demand on screen keyboard like gnome 3 when I want to take advantage of my tablet mode.

I would recommend it to anyone that can't run the big two, and is looking for something fresher than xfce4.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
          Not a bad DE at all that used to run nicely on my little netbook before Arch dropped 32-bit packages. I can't think of many places to run this now, except maybe the low power ARM devices.
          I run it daily on Ryzen7 1700X, at least its not buggy like KF5 or gnome.

Comment

Originally posted by ResponseWriter View Post
            I run it on my Core i5, 16GB machine. It’s the only DE that’s usable for me.

I read the blog post about LXQt 0.12 and it’s very technical; not sure if there is any user-facing change…? Maybe the thing about closing all LXQt components before killing Xorg will make running programs close cleanly? That would be nice…

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
              Maybe the thing about closing all LXQt components before killing Xorg will make running programs close cleanly? That would be nice…
              Yes, there's a long-standing issue of having to wait 1.5 minutes on shutdown sometimes because LXQt didn't close its stuff properly before handing shutdown to systemd. It is fixed in this release (I didn't test it yet though).

Comment

Originally posted by mir3x View Post

I run it daily on Ryzen7 1700X, at least its not buggy like KF5 or gnome.
                I run GNOME 3 for more than a year, now. It's not buggy, and it's great DE. If I needed to switch, it would have been i3wm,...

Comment

Is there some progress on the Wayland front?

Comment

I don't know whether it's an LXQt issue but my colleague is frequently driven crazy when she disconnects her second screen and not only do the windows there not migrate to the first screen, LibreOffice insists on opening any new windows on the missing second screen and I've not found any way of bringing them back, short of completely closing LibreOffice first. When you click on the entries in the taskbar, you can see the restore animation zooming across to the missing screen. I even tried using Alt+M with the arrow keys to bring the windows across but that doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                    X