Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 17.10 ISOs Officially Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 17.10 ISOs Officially Released

The official Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" spins are now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really liked the new UI. Finally a decent change for the better after many releases that were not really bringing anything new UI-wise.

RIP Unity.

Comment

Originally posted by mbello View Post
      I really liked the new UI. Finally a decent change for the better after many releases that were not really bringing anything new UI-wise.

RIP Unity.
      Then you'll get bored with Gnome (and any other DE), too. Because radical changes are not what a DE is about. They happen from time to time, but they are mostly regarded as a necessary evil, not as welcome changes.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Then you'll get bored with Gnome (and any other DE), too. Because radical changes are not what a DE is about. They happen from time to time, but they are mostly regarded as a necessary evil, not as welcome changes.
        Gnome is close-ish to their 4.0 branch becoming the new development area. Here comes a redesign! Christ give me strength, here we go again.

Comment

Must distrohop to Ubuntu next

Comment

Them dumping mir was the best thing they did.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin View Post
              Them dumping mir was the best thing they did.
              That's like saying the best think the murderer did was taking the knife out of the victim

Comment

Actually bash autocompletion was the nicest thing I saw in ubuntu. Because before when you typed sudo, there would be no autocompletion at all on the parameters that came after.

Comment

I am a Manjaro user (and I will stay with it), but I was really impressed how Ubuntu automatically found and configured my printer on the network which I have connected throught usb to an Ubuntu Server machine and shared through cups (it's an old printer and doesn't have wireless or ethernet capabilities on its own). I didn't even need to add it through the settings, it just automatically finds it when it's connected to my local network!! I don't know if that's a Gnome thing or an Ubuntu specific thing, but good job anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by ThanosApostolou View Post
                    I am a Manjaro user (and I will stay with it), but I was really impressed how Ubuntu automatically found and configured my printer on the network which I have connected throught usb to an Ubuntu Server machine and shared through cups (it's an old printer and doesn't have wireless or ethernet capabilities on its own). I didn't even need to add it through the settings, it just automatically finds it when it's connected to my local network!! I don't know if that's a Gnome thing or an Ubuntu specific thing, but good job anyway!

it’s been a long way between now and then.

Comment

Working...
                    X