Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
    Typo?
    No, that is definitely correct. Was in robitics club, can confirm...

Comment

Why is it they to have created there own Software app? Didn't Canonical do this and then switch back to using just the Gnome Software app? Other than that, it looks like a nice theme. Wish though that is really all it was.

Comment

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post
        Why is it they to have created there own Software app? Didn't Canonical do this and then switch back to using just the Gnome Software app? Other than that, it looks like a nice theme. Wish though that is really all it was.
        I don't think they created their own Software app. I remember reading that they are picking the app store from Elementary OS or something. I haven't tried it to compare it against Gnome Software, but Gnome Software does indeed need to be replaced with something that actually works.

Comment

Yeah, if you're shipping the OS preinstalled on hardware that you're selling, I'd definitely think you could do some ClearLinux-like optimizations, and on top of that even compile the kernel with an eye towards what hardware the laptop might or might not include. I think that stuff like that would actually be the biggest case for leaving the original OS on there. I could see myself buying a system76 machine to support the company, like I did with my Inspiron 1420N with Dell, and next OS cycle just going with generic Ubuntu or Kubuntu or Fedora or whatever because why not-- hardware-specific optimization would be the biggest case for me sticking with the same OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerberus View Post
            Another very well done theme is Gnome Shell theme United Gnome, transparency, fonts, outlines all of that is extremely well balanced making it probably the best Gnome Shell theme ever, it is both modern, pretty and very readable.
            Meh I just tried it and ditched it immediately. Pretty ugly!

Comment

Originally posted by awesz View Post

Remember when themes/icons had depth and contrast? Those were the days.
              Remember this guy? http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/...e-496927-2.jpg
              Too my mind one of the worst themes ever regarding constrast and readability. No wonder it didn't work out...

Maybe designers should read at first: http://contrastrebellion.com/

Off-topic: What a mess is this vBulletin crap? Why am I not allowed to post image attachments...

Comment

I don't understand why everyone wants to make their own distro that is oh so close to the one it is derived from. Are they still using the Ubuntu repositories? Will it be possible to use the newest graphics drivers? Why can't they just install an additional PPA (or the equivalent, if they don't use Ubuntu as a base) with one package, that contains all of your customizations and call it a day?

Comment

Originally posted by ethana2 View Post
                  Yeah, if you're shipping the OS preinstalled on hardware that you're selling, I'd definitely think you could do some ClearLinux-like optimizations, and on top of that even compile the kernel with an eye towards what hardware the laptop might or might not include. I think that stuff like that would actually be the biggest case for leaving the original OS on there. I could see myself buying a system76 machine to support the company, like I did with my Inspiron 1420N with Dell, and next OS cycle just going with generic Ubuntu or Kubuntu or Fedora or whatever because why not-- hardware-specific optimization would be the biggest case for me sticking with the same OS.
                  Yeah! That is a good way to actually add value when you make your own distro. Just have a new theme and some different defaults? Yawn, you could do that with one package and some config files.

Comment

No comment on the icons but it's funny to see a Firefox 56 in there even though it will be deprecated in like a couple weeks, such that the browser will have a whole another GUI.

Comment

Working...
                    X