Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDL 2.0.6 Appears To Be Getting Closer To Release

Phoronix: SDL 2.0.6 Appears To Be Getting Closer To Release

It's looking like version 2.0.6 of SDL, the Simple DirectMedia Library that's widely used by cross-platform games and other applications, could soon be released...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I wonder if they'll finally add support for the One S controller. It's ancient, yet still not supported.

Comment

SDL really is a critical piece of the Linux gaming ecosystem, yet there's still only a few people working on it, and not even fulltime. Kind of sad, given it's importance to the gaming ecosystem.

Comment

A bug I opened 3 years ago (!) having to do with ALT+TAB support in Linux just recently got assigned. It would great to see this solved in 2.0.6... the inability to ALT+TAB out of many Linux games is a serious issue in my view.

Comment

It really is a essential piece of software! Anybody knows how to check which game e.g. on Steam is using SDL? Would be interesting to see if some of them run natively on Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
            A bug I opened 3 years ago (!) having to do with ALT+TAB support in Linux just recently got assigned. It would great to see this solved in 2.0.6... the inability to ALT+TAB out of many Linux games is a serious issue in my view.
            Meta key works for me with Gnome3 to temporary exit games. Only found 1 game it didn't work with, don't remember the game, and 1 game with graphic stack issue when going back into the game, Counter Strike GO, crosshair doesn't come back.

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
              For me only old SDL1 games break alt-tab (as well as games using some other toolkits like allegro). However some window managers like Enlightenment still break alt-tab with SDL2. It works fine in xfwm (4.12) or OpenBox though.
              Last edited by stqn; 25 August 2017, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X