Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands On With The Tyan Thunder GT24EB7106; Building The Kernel In Under 30 Seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by microcode View Post
    I'm surprised the ASPEED driver has Vulkan support, very interesting.
    It doesn't, was just a reporting chamge, have since changed it to not show fallbacks in that case.
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalGamma View Post

Citation needed for thread speed mattering significantly on build jobs. Amdahl's Law says that if you have more disjoint units of compilation (source files in C/C++) than CPUs, you can run that kind of job in parallel very well, unless one of those jobs takes much longer than the others. The Linux kernel has a lot of source files.
      If you need a citation for that, then you're in the wrong thread. Or maybe you think all the code analysis and optimization are simple add operations.

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
        This thing is garbage, it can't even beat a 7700K at $favourite_game
        And that fact is not limited to games. Still salty that weak cores which "are future" still do nothing half the time?

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          If you need a citation for that, then you're in the wrong thread. Or maybe you think all the code analysis and optimization are simple add operations.
          I think CrystalGamma's question was not "prove that a faster core will compile faster" (which I agree needs no citation) but "prove that single-threaded performance is what matters vs multi-threaded performance (per-core performance x number of cores)".
          Test signature

Comment

Love those fans. We're trying to figure out where we can put another server lab in the Markham office... I was thinking about stacking them up under my desk to mask out noise from all the people talking around me.

Same idea as storekeepers playing classical music to keep the kids from hanging around
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
              Love those fans. We're trying to figure out where we can put another server lab in the Markham office... I was thinking about stacking them up under my desk to mask out noise from all the people talking around me.

Same idea as storekeepers playing classical music to keep the kids from hanging around
              Heh, the only thing I hate about 1U servers :P
              Michael Larabel
              https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Very nice AVX-512 will be interesting to see enabled vs disabled as well. Those OpenSSL numbers look great too - wonder how they fair with OpenSSL 1.0.2+ and 1.1.x too

Comment

Originally posted by Dehir View Post
                  Nice but can it run crysis?
                  With software rendering?

Comment

Originally posted by LinuxID10T View Post

With software rendering?
                    Sure

Comment

Working...
                    X