Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Temporarily Disabling Support For Vega In RADV Vulkan Driver

Phoronix: Mesa Temporarily Disabling Support For Vega In RADV Vulkan Driver

While David Airlie has been landing fixes in the RADV Vulkan driver for Radeon RX Vega GPUs, things aren't going quite as smoothly as planned with Airlie now disabling the Vega GPU support in this open-source driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Fine, a lot of people have to wait anyway for Vega to be available at a decent price, until then I'm sure Vulkan support will be enabled again in RADV.

Comment

Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
      Fine, a lot of people have to wait anyway for Vega to be available at a decent price, until then I'm sure Vulkan support will be enabled again in RADV.
      I was one of the 275 in my country which got it for 499 so it'll arrive next week

Making it cheaper than any 1080 and in the upper range of 1070's, I really hope bios edit will be possible so I can undervolt and underclock core with overclocked memory.
      Always had great success with modifying bioses.

That and vulkan support is top 2 on the list so far for me

Comment

Originally posted by oleyska View Post
        My understanding is that BIOS modding has so far been a no-go due to a new bios signature/encryption system in Vega implemented for security reasons. If you load a custom bios and try to boot all you currently get is a black screen.

Sort of makes you scratch your head a bit when you consider the fact that the reference card has dual BIOS with a clearly visible switch.

Comment

Originally posted by oleyska View Post

I was one of the 275 in my country which got it for 499 so it'll arrive next week

Making it cheaper than any 1080 and in the upper range of 1070's, I really hope bios edit will be possible so I can undervolt and underclock core with overclocked memory.

That and vulkan support is top 2 on the list so far for me
          According to Gamers Nexus the reference cards from AMD have signed BIOS (secure boot) so at least on those you're probably not going to be able to modify the BIOS. However underclocking the core and overclocking VRAM is possible from software. Here is their article on these topics: http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews...ge-hbm-vs-core (the "Validation & Security Blocks on BIOS" section specifically)

Comment

What's the latest kernel supported by AMDGPU-PRO?

Comment

4.9? But I hear you can install the PRO Vulkan component separately, assuming on higher kernel versions.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
                What's the latest kernel supported by AMDGPU-PRO?
                I think the last one already support ubuntu 17.04 who uses 4.10, nothing changes in many years, fglrx or amdgpu-pro is a piece os garbage if we need to use the last kernel because cpu or other things

Comment

andre30correia Oh, last supported kenrel is 4.10 but Ubuntu 17.04 is unsupported. I don't care about kenrel ver. situation. Probably Ryzen and latest Intel works on 4.10. You need new kenrel for what? And what do you want to find in amdgpu-pro? .
                  ​​Just for curiosity sake ofc

Comment

Hoping it is just a week or two to having it working, just didn't think it would make 17.2

Comment

Working...
                    X