Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More AMDGPU DRM Updates Sent In For Linux 4.14 DRM-Next

Phoronix: More AMDGPU DRM Updates Sent In For Linux 4.14 DRM-Next

Alex Deucher sent in more Radeon/AMDGPU feature material today for DRM-Next of new code that in turn is being queued up for the Linux 4.14 kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The large page features only works for Vega or does it work for the older cards? bridgman agd5f

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
      The large page features only works for Vega or does it work for the older cards? bridgman agd5f
      Only vega10 and raven have the necessary features in the gpu memory controller.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post

Only vega10 and raven have the necessary features in the gpu memory controller.
        So you are saying I should go buy a Vega then?

LOL I bet I could still get decent money if I sold my RX 480 8gig to a miner.

Comment

I was really hoping DC was going to be in that pull request today :'(

Comment

Didn't Bridgman say they wanted people to stop using "DC" to describe the code because most of it has been rewritten and adapted to fit better into the kernel, or something like that?

Comment

But when you say "dc" everyone just know what you mean. What problem in 'dc'? Display code, display abstraction layer or something else they are words only.

Comment

Originally posted by frosth View Post
                But when you say "dc" everyone just know what you mean. What problem in 'dc'? Display code, display abstraction layer or something else they are words only.
                If you say "the display code formerly known as DAL/DC" everyone knows what you mean too
                Test signature

Comment

bridgman hahaha, agd5f call it DC all the time
                  and... in other thread you wrote:
                  Agree, we need to get it there. Just a few higher priorities that needed to be done first - getting initial Vega support ready before the HW shipped, getting all the internal kernel trees aligned and then caught up with upstream, getting DAL ready for upstreaming, things like that.
                  Did you say "DAL" pretty boy? I've got you
                  Don't get me wrong I understand that some people has problem with names, but as long as i can understand what you are talking about that's fine for me. You can even call it "It_will_be_when_it_will_be-component formerly known as DAL/DC"
                  Greetings for AMD team for good work.

Comment

SR-IOV improvements, Are they for the Server Card's only?

Comment

Working...
                    X