Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ashes of the Singularity Gets Vulkan Port Next Week, Linux Remains M.I.A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
    "MIA" means "Missing in Action," and seems to imply that the Linux port is being worked on ("action") but has not been seen. Michael, if that's not what you intended, you should reword the title because it might mislead people.
    Came here to express my annoyance on this too. The title is factually incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by emblemparade View Post
      "MIA" means "Missing in Action," and seems to imply that the Linux port is being worked on ("action") but has not been seen. Michael, if that's not what you intended, you should reword the title because it might mislead people.
      Originally posted by gutigone View Post

Came here to express my annoyance on this too. The title is factually incorrect.
      Not really. Back in 2015 it was said to be coming to Linux. Here we are 2 years later and no Linux support. Now, they did just release Vulkan, which was required for the Linux work to begin, so we will have to wait a bit longer and hear what Stardock plans to do.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

Ashes of the Benchamarks...

Comment

Isn't it relativaly easy to run doom via Wine with Vulkan? Could this not also aply to Ashes?

Comment

BTW WTH does M.I.A. mean? FYI you people from US are famous for talking with your mouth full of acronyms, but IMHO this is getting extremely odd.. to the point that you don't even understand each other. Please don't call CIA nor FBI, and don't spy on me with the aid of the NSA, FWIW it's not just my opinion and I don't mean to say BS. Now I'm going to install a new OS for my NAS made of last generation SSDs then I'll GOOH. Geez.. even learning English wasn't enough to understand you.. what a PITA.

EDIT: I love DRM free titles and I hope AoS will be available on GOG too.
            Last edited by GdeR; 16 August 2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post
              BTW WTH does M.I.A. mean? FYI you people from US are famous for talking with your mouth full of acronyms, but IMHO this is getting extremely odd.. to the point that you don't even understand yourselves. Please don't call CIA nor FBI, and don't spy on me with the aid of the NSA, FWIW it's not just my opinion and I don't mean to say BS. Now I'm going to install a new OS for my NAS made of last generation SSDs then I'll GOOH. Geez.. even learning English wasn't enough to understand you.. what a PITA.

EDIT: I love DRM free titles and I hope AoS will be available on GOG too.
              It would have taken you less than half the time it took to write your post to google MIA. It's a well known acronym, even if you weren't around in the 80s (Chuck Norris FTW).

Comment

Originally posted by audi.rs4 View Post
                A Stardock Developer started a thread on Steam to get the interest for a Linux port. Those wanting the port to Linux for this game should go here and post for support:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/507490...1308574348748/
                Thanks for the link, added my vote Linux+Vulkan=buy.
                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
                Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post

It would have taken you less than half the time it took to write your post to google MIA. It's a well known acronym, even if you weren't around in the 80s (Chuck Norris FTW).
                  I guess you've missed the point of my whole comment. I don't mind searching on google for terms I don't already know. I just think that abbreviations are a bit overused these days. All your acronyms are "well known" in US, of course, but you can't realize how long it took for me to get used to them specially in forums or usenet. While it's good for you to avoid writing the extended phrases, it's a bit of a pain for someone who only understands the basics of English. Sometimes I wish the world spoke the language I speak natively, because having this additional layer of difficulty between my thoughts and the ability to explain myself and understand the others really annoys the hell out of me. You're very lucky and your existence in this world and time requires much less effort than mine. Okay, sorry for unloading my frustration on you, but I had to.

Comment

Originally posted by GdeR View Post

I guess you've missed the point of my whole comment. I don't mind searching on google for terms I don't already know. I just think that abbreviations are a bit overused these days. All your acronyms are "well known" in US, of course, but you can't realize how long it took for me to get used to them specially in forums or usenet. While it's good for you to avoid writing the extended phrases, it's a bit of a pain for someone who only understands the basics of English. Sometimes I wish the world spoke the language I speak natively, because having this additional layer of difficulty between my thoughts and the ability to explain myself and understand the others really annoys the hell out of me. You're very lucky and your existence in this world and time requires much less effort than mine. Okay, sorry for unloading my frustration on you, but I had to.
                    I blame twitter and the rise of text messaging, I don't think it has anything to do with Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

I blame twitter and the rise of text messaging, I don't think it has anything to do with Americans.
                      I agree that social networks and SMS have their responsabilities in encouraging to use TMA (Too Many Acronyms). However, this doesn't happen with my language, perhaps it's not as well suited to idiomatic phrases as English.
                      Last edited by GdeR; 16 August 2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X