Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 2.13 Adds More Direct3D 11 Bits

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 2.13 Adds More Direct3D 11 Bits

Wine-Staging 2.13 is now available as the newest release of this experimental / "testing grounds" built around Wine with additional patches added...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone know of a Wine-staging patches with Gallium-Nine support? Sarnex Wine uses regular Wine, which doesn't have the compatibility of Wine-Staging.

Comment

Halo Online now gets to a black screen after the launcher (In a 64-bit prefix in windows 8), so I'm hoping that it'll load soon it's come a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
        Anyone know of a Wine-staging patches with Gallium-Nine support? Sarnex Wine uses regular Wine, which doesn't have the compatibility of Wine-Staging.
        The Sarnex patches apply on top of wine-staging, I'm will using Sarnex's 2.12 patch on wine-staging 2.13, the patch itself rarely changes it mostly gets renumbered

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
          If you are using Arch, look up wine-gaming-nine package in AUR. It is exactly what you requested. I am using it myself.

Comment

Changes made since PR #303: Used wine coding style instead of Mesa's coding style Cleaned up configure script to check for headers and libs Replaced malloc/free where necessary Got rid of p...

Such a pity gallium nine is probably not going to be merged in staging
            ## VGA ##
            AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
            Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

As the readme says: https://github.com/sarnex/wine-d3d9-patches

For regular wine you apply d3d9-helper.patch and wine-d3d9.patch
              For wine-staging you apply staging-helper.patch and wine-d3d9.patch

The patches usually keep working with newer wine and wine-staging versions and very rarely need to be updated.

Comment

In this wine staging version fallout 4 works with glitches in video (faces) and audio dont work correctly (pulse or alsa mode)

Comment

Originally posted by haagch View Post
                  As the readme says: https://github.com/sarnex/wine-d3d9-patches

For regular wine you apply d3d9-helper.patch and wine-d3d9.patch
                  For wine-staging you apply staging-helper.patch and wine-d3d9.patch

The patches usually keep working with newer wine and wine-staging versions and very rarely need to be updated.
                  This will work for Linux Mint using Wine-Staging PPA?

Comment

Originally posted by turboNOMAD View Post

If you are using Arch, look up wine-gaming-nine package in AUR. It is exactly what you requested. I am using it myself.
                    There is the package wine-staging-nine in the multilib/community repository.

Comment

Working...
                    X