Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Secure Encrypted Virtualization Updated For Linux

Phoronix: AMD Secure Encrypted Virtualization Updated For Linux

While AMD's new Epyc processors have a new "Secure Encrypted Virtualization" feature, the support isn't yet mainlined in the Linux kernel but is getting closer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    As Signh further describes,

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      Typo:
      Are you a bot?

Comment

Originally posted by suberimakuri View Post

Are you a bot?
        No, I am not. I just want to help Michael. You can add me to your ignore list if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

No, I am not. I just want to help Michael. You can add me to your ignore list if you want.
          you are doing a good job! keep it up

Comment

Do Intel processors have anything similar to this feature in their line of CPU's? If so, what do they call their version of it and how well supported it is? This is something I would be interested in.

Comment

Some stuff about SEV:

AMD’s Zen core has been revealed in detail but with Epyc the company added a few juicy details.

Once in the Linux kernel I'm sure Michael will want to do an article on it and how to enable it on your own systems.

Comment

AMD Epyc is kicking so much ass, I need the smallest one in a cheap ish mobo to replace my opteron office servers(as in plural) and enable the shit out of SEV. I'm drooling

Comment

Originally posted by jrch2k8 View Post
                  AMD Epyc is kicking so much ass, I need the smallest one in a cheap ish mobo to replace my opteron office servers(as in plural) and enable the shit out of SEV. I'm drooling
                  x2, we have nearly 700 cores of Opteron running our production RHEL servers. They're up for refresh this year, so eagerly awaiting the Epyc release and official RHEL support.

Comment

Who still wants to use AMD after that PSP fiasco?

They basically give a big middle finger to the Security Community.

Comment

Working...
                    X