Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPower 1.0 Steps Closer To Reality With v0.99.5 Update

Phoronix: UPower 1.0 Steps Closer To Reality With v0.99.5 Update

The last update to UPower -- what was formerly known as DeviceKit-Power for serving as an abstraction library to battery/power devices -- was in February of 2016 but that finally changed today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
    Made by GNOME and systemd developers. This include former and current Canonical developers.
    Damn, you sure love the smell of napalm in the morning, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfFunkS View Post
      Made by GNOME and systemd developers. This include former and current Canonical developers.
      Meaning what?

Comment

Originally posted by tigerroast View Post

Meaning what?
        Probably "it's good, but depends on systemd, so I'm never going to use it"

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

At least systemd's suspend / resume handlers have never left my laptop awake after I've closed the lid. Unlike UPower before systemd. Upower before systemd was a horribly broken pile of crap. Often I'd open my laptop and find it had been continuously awake, just repeatedly logging useless g_assert failures from UPower.

Hint to developers everywhere: if your code hits an error HANDLE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post

At least systemd's suspend / resume handlers have never left my laptop awake after I've closed the lid. Unlike UPower before systemd. Upower before systemd was a horribly broken pile of crap. Often I'd open my laptop and find it had been continuously awake, just repeatedly logging useless g_assert failures from UPower.

Hint to developers everywhere: if your code hits an error HANDLE IT.
            Oh I so much agree with you. I fucking hate silent crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Krejzi View Post

Actually it doesn't. Not that you said otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Chewi View Post

Actually it doesn't. Not that you said otherwise.
                It does depend on systemd (logind?), for suspend/hibernate functionality. pm-utils support was removed in 0.99 series.

Comment

Working...
                X