Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
    why ?
    Nvidia already did something like this with cg. The idea is that you write your shader in cg, and the toolkit compiles it to GLSL, HLSL and others. Unity for example uses it so you write your shader once and it works on ios, android, windows, etc...

For whatever reason Nvidia abandoned cg, so right now there is no supported multiplatforrm shading language that I am aware of. The need is still there. Perhaps this is Nvidia's replacement for cg. It does not seem to support HLSL yet; hopefully they add it and then it can be used with DirectX as well.
    Last edited by paulpach; 24 July 2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
      Remember vdpau? It turned out to be huge success.
      on wayland lol?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        on wayland lol?
        You have to explain, that's not enough information.

EDIT: I just googled it. Seems vdpau was never made to work with wayland yet. That does kinda suck, but vaapi does seem to work, at least according to what I read. So not really a big deal, you still get acceleration
        Last edited by duby229; 24 July 2017, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          EDIT: I just googled it. Seems vdpau was never made to work with wayland yet. That does kinda suck, but vaapi does seem to work, at least according to what I read. So not really a big deal, you still get acceleration
          sure we get acceleration, but vdpau doesn't

Comment

Working...
          X