No announcement yet.

Nouveau Gets Thermal Throttling, One Step Closer For GTX 900 Re-Clocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Tesla was as wrong as people think he was. For example in todays world we have confirmed his theory that the earth has a resonant electrical frequecny and that it is capable of working like a carrier wave for electrical power. It definitely does work. It could replace our power grid and make wireless power a real possibility.He was just hundreds of years ahead of his time.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      FYI: lasers are older than Star Trek.. The name LASER was coined in 1960 and USSR had their own in 1970. Roddenberry took inspiration from real-life units, and changed the name to make sure that he could have his weapons do effects that a LASER could not do without people calling him out on that (very important in fiction).

see here http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/P...ser_technology
      Well, the invention of lasers happened over a period of time during the 50's and 60's and resulted in a whole bunch of patent wars. But I'm telling you the subsequent development of lasers into what they are today as weapon systems happened because of Star Trek envisioned phasers. Directed energy weapons exist now because of that show. At least in America that's true.

Comment

That would explain why you always post bullshit. Your understanding process is flawed.

Technobabble? What's this?

So does biochemistry and genetics, and probably physics too. We were discussing logic and intuition, not how the brain actually processes stuff at low level.
        Cognizant recognition is a phrase that basically means that you're aware that you understand. In my opinion, that's what separates Man from animals. That was the spark. It is more or less that Eureka moment, only humans have it.
        Last edited by duby229; 23 July 2017, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
          I don't think Tesla was as wrong as people think he was.
          Yeah, a further hint that he was plain wrong. You consistently believe in wrong stuff.

For example in todays world we have confirmed his theory that the earth has a resonant electrical frequecny and that it is capable of working like a carrier wave for electrical power.
          No "we" have not.

Comment

Well, the invention of lasers happened over a period of time during the 50's and 60's and resulted in a whole bunch of patent wars. But I'm telling you the subsequent development of lasers into what they are today as weapon systems happened because of Star Trek envisioned phasers. Directed energy weapons exist now because of that show. At least in America that's true.
            Hello? It was Gene Roddenberry himself (the show creator) that said phasers are inspired from lasers, that in the first 2 episodes they were called "lasers", but then he changed the name. You mind to check the link plz?

Comment

Cognizant recognition is a phrase that basically means that you're aware that you understand.
              It is also a phrase that has no meaning for Google, so I still think it's your own invention.

Comment

Hello? It was Gene Roddenberry himself (the show creator) that said phasers are inspired from lasers, that in the first 2 episodes they were called "lasers", but then he changed the name. You mind to check the link plz?
                And regardless, the fact that directed energy weapons exist today is due to that show.

Comment

It is also a phrase that has no meaning for Google, so I still think it's your own invention.
                  You know how phrases are made from multiple words and words have individual meanings? You can even group multiple words and phrases together to make coherent sentences. Cool huh!?

Comment

You know how phrases are made from multiple words and words have individual meanings?
                    There is no need to come up with synonyms for "sapiens sapiens" that is so much easier to recognize.

Comment

And regardless, the fact that directed energy weapons exist today is due to that show.
                      You're too young, or your sources suck.
                      The concept of portable energy weapons in popular fiction goes to Buck Rogers comics, in 1920. Of Flash Gordon.

After that pretty much everyone had some "raygun" in one form or another. Star Trek isn't the first by a long shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X