Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Kabylake Support For Intel GVT Coming

Phoronix: Complete Kabylake Support For Intel GVT Coming

For those looking to use Intel Kabylake hardware with Intel's Graphics Virtualization Technology, it looks like that support will finally be here come Linux 4.14...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

"will finally be here come Linux 4.14."? Sounds a little weird to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
      "will finally be here come Linux 4.14."? Sounds a little weird to me.
      It's proper English. See: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/come (2c - "Come spring the days will be longer.") "

Comment

It might be "come" the past participle of "come".

It will finally be here after/when Linux 4.14 has come.

Comment

There's a need to have all software GVT ready and really not need to use hacky methods like VNC or rdesktop. They should use dma_buf and provide direct output as it were a "movie player". I was going to prepare GVT, but got quite unmotivated I wasn't able to have a "native" output and would need extra overhead that makes the feature not worth it.

Intel Linux GFX: WAKE UP!
          Last edited by timofonic; 05 September 2017, 03:10 AM. Reason: Ranting about Intel Linux Graphics with less typos...

Comment

Working...
          X