Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qt Creator 4.4 Enters Beta

Phoronix: Qt Creator 4.4 Enters Beta

The Qt Company has announced the first public beta of the Qt Creator 4.4 integrated development environment...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cmake improvements are desperately needed, since it got worse since 4.0; It keeps complaining, that the cache and the project diverged considering specific settings and for some reason it can't converge them. (not the specific wording). You'll find reports in the net, but not sure what's really wrong.

Clang code model is great, but sadly it keeps leaking memory, so that I've 8Gib+ memory usage after a few hours of work. :/

Comment

Originally posted by oleid View Post
      Cmake improvements are desperately needed, since it got worse since 4.0; It keeps complaining, that the cache and the project diverged considering specific settings and for some reason it can't converge them. (not the specific wording). You'll find reports in the net, but not sure what's really wrong.

Clang code model is great, but sadly it keeps leaking memory, so that I've 8Gib+ memory usage after a few hours of work. :/
      I don't think it is leaking as much as just using a lot of memory. Another problem with it, is that it doesn't index everything to begin with, it only adds things to the index after you touch them. I assume because it is otherwise too slow and uses too much memory. I honestly still prefer the old code model, because things like "find usages" works much better in it.

Comment

Working...
      X