Witcher 2 & Rocket League Get Fixed Up With Mesa 17.2 Git On RadeonSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Witcher 2 & Rocket League Get Fixed Up With Mesa 17.2 Git On RadeonSI

Phoronix: Witcher 2 & Rocket League Get Fixed Up With Mesa 17.2 Git On RadeonSI

Marek Olšák's changes to make Rocket League and Witcher 2 happy on the RadeonSI OpenGL driver are now in place...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I just found myself wondering if any of the Mesa devs have public Steam profiles. It'd be hilarious if a bunch of them got a few items fulfilled from their wishlist every [INSERT FAVORITE ANNUAL HOLIDAY].

Comment

So the Rocket League fix also fixes Witcher 2.

Comment

Originally posted by log0 View Post
        So the Rocket League fix also fixes Witcher 2.
        Both games depended on behavior specified by DirectX that is not specified in OpenGL. Because that behavior causes a performance hit, it's not the default behavior for radeonsi. The changes that were just merged allow setting a drirc override that forces the DirectX-style behavior, and the overrides were activated for Rocket League and Witcher 2 in 2 separate commits.

Comment

Originally posted by Niarbeht View Post
          I just found myself wondering if any of the Mesa devs have public Steam profiles. It'd be hilarious if a bunch of them got a few items fulfilled from their wishlist every [INSERT FAVORITE ANNUAL HOLIDAY].
          Mesa developers already get all games on Steam for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Veerappan View Post
            The changes that were just merged allow setting a drirc override that forces the DirectX-style behavior, and the overrides were activated for Rocket League and Witcher 2 in 2 separate commits.

Did the variable for override exist before, or it was just introduced as well?

Comment

Just introduced.

Comment

Originally posted by droste View Post
                Just introduced.
                OK, I'll build Mesa to test it. Glad this is finally fixed, it was the only issue remaining with Mesa for the Witcher 2.

Comment

By the way, the referenced commit is just for exposing the variable in drirc. The actual fix was here: https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...ea6f09dc426f34

Comment

Originally posted by cevito View Post

Mesa developers already get all games on Steam for free.
                    Not quite. Debian and Mesa developers get all Valve games on steam for free and there may be a few other such deals in place but it's not all games on steam.

Comment

Working...
                    X