Marek Takes To RadeonSI Tweaking For Unigine Superposition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    Are you sure ? My understanding was that the same options were available no matter which kernel driver was used.
    Oh of course, totally sure You don't get the same there with R600_DEBUG Maybe it will on some recent kernel, maybe not, maybe never... and who cares at the end of the day
    Last edited by dungeon; 22 June 2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
      That's what the page says now
      Only solution is like Intel's Q Recipes... maybe you can write docs per recipes, but on rolling nope - mission impossible

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Only solution is like Intel's Q Recipes... maybe you can write docs per recipes, but on rolling nope - mission impossible

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/stack
        You can just write in which Mesa version the variable was introduced to avoid confusion. After some time, that marker can be removed to declutter the page.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          You can just write in which Mesa version the variable was introduced to avoid confusion. After some time, that marker can be removed to declutter the page.
          Yeah, now this and now that... just better to read the code

And the best is to not read it atall with that SI/CI radeon/amdgpu mess, i think even GALLIUM_HUD differ in options per kernel dirver Yep, the best is do not read anything instead between the lines
          Last edited by dungeon; 22 June 2017, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I think the usual solution for this is to maintain the documentation in the source tree so it tracks the source code you are using.

I went looking in the mesa tree for a good example and guess what ? I found where the page from mesa3d.org is maintained:

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/me...s/envvars.html
            Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
              I put R600_DEBUG=sisched,unsafemath,precompile in my /etc/environment ages ago and totally forgot it was there
              I'm not sure if unsafemath still works?

Padoka's PPA (https://launchpad.net/~paulo-miguel-...ve/ubuntu/mesa) shows:

"sbsafemath" Disable unsafe math optimisations

Not sure, but just a heads up.

I've got mine set to:
              Code:
              $ echo $R600_DEBUG
              forcedma,hyperz,llvm,sisched,sbcl
              edit: removed sbsafemath and precompile from my R600_DEBUG env var. precompile caused issues with UT, and I decided to just remove sbsafemath and go with the recommended defaults by padoka ppa.
              Last edited by perpetually high; 28 June 2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

So, if we have hundreds of variables, wouldn't it be a good idea to fuzz them for every (more well known) application in an automated way, then save the settings with the best performance?

Save the profile, add them into some sort of "gaming lib" (same thing we would do with the "DOOM-fix") and everyone is happy? I get that profiles are a thing people don't want to see in the driver, at the same time, it would be a waste if we don't use them, because its free performance on the road. Software is different, thus having different settings for certain applications makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Brrrrr, Gentoo user runs profiles since forever, but call them USE flags
                  Use flags have nothing to do with this. Absolutely nothing
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    Use flags have nothing to do with this. Absolutely nothing
                    You run profiled OS to match your target, isn't it? By compiling it, you also profiled on source level every app to target you. That is the same as driver makes profile to target one app - same thing just different way

Vars, switches... whatever is not default is profile USE flags define/redefine defaults, so absolutely relatively has to do something with that

I know you like to not be targeted, many users use Gentoo exactly because of that... so happy defaults of yours whatever that is
                    Last edited by dungeon; 23 June 2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Dear Michael ,

It's almost two months old now, but did you look into my post related with your test profile for Unigine Superposition?

Comment

Working...
                      X