Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CryENGINE 5.4 Bringing Vulkan Renderer

Phoronix: CryENGINE 5.4 Bringing Vulkan Renderer

CryENGINE 5.4 is slated for release next month and will finally roll out a Vulkan renderer...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Does CryENGINE even support Linux?

Comment

Let me type CryEngine and Linux into a browser search bar...

The complete solution for next generation game development by Crytek

Wow, answers. Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
        Let me type CryEngine and Linux into a browser search bar...

The complete solution for next generation game development by Crytek

Wow, answers. Yes.
        Touche.

I just never knew it since nearly no games actually have it on Linux. Currently, it appears only 2 have, Snow and Homefront: The Revolution (TBA).

Comment

Nice, I wonder if this will also mean timberland or whatever Star Citizen is using will get Vulkan?..

Comment

Star Citizen developers can probably mine it for ideas but as far as I know they have changed the rendering system a lot. I doubt it would be a drop in replacement.

Lumberyard is mostly network code changes to CryEngine. It won't affect the rendering at all.

Comment

Hi everyone, just to clear up a potential misunderstanding: we've been working on Vulkan for a long time (about a year), but we didn't expose it whilst it was still heavily work-in-progress.

CRYENGINE does support Linux, but we need to do another pass on it now that we have the Vulkan renderer.

Comment

I am hoping that Warhorse studios is able to overcome the problems they had getting Kingdome Come: Deliverance working on Linux with the Vulkan renderer. That would be awesome and a good way for them to live up to their kickstarter promise. we shall see how it goes after release

Comment

Working...
                X