Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 2.9 Adds Direct3D Tessellation Shader Support

Phoronix: Wine 2.9 Adds Direct3D Tessellation Shader Support

Wine 2.9 is now the newest bi-weekly snapshot of this open-source program for running Windows binaries/games on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Typo:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    There are 38 known bug fixesi n Wine 2.9.

Comment

Tessellation was one of the big blockers for D3D11 right? What features of D3D11 are left that are blocking wine from being able to claim to fully support it?

Comment

Can it actually run Heaven DX11 with tessellation?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post
          Typo:
          Originally posted by phoronix
          There are 38 known bug fixesi n Wine 2.9.
          Michael you should consider making tildearrow an editor

Comment

I wonder if Witcher 3 renders correctly with this release. IIRC the only thing not working were tessellated surfaces.

Comment

I know this isnt exactly relevant but can anybody tell me who is behind the WINE d3d9 patches that exploit the Gallium Nine driver? And how does the development look long-term?

Comment

Originally posted by Redi44 View Post
                I know this isnt exactly relevant but can anybody tell me who is behind the WINE d3d9 patches that exploit the Gallium Nine driver? And how does the development look long-term?
                Seems to be some group called Ixit: https://github.com/iXit
                Not sure about the progress, it seems slow lately in their github.

Comment

Originally posted by Degra View Post

Seems to be some group called Ixit: https://github.com/iXit
                  Not sure about the progress, it seems slow lately in their github.
                  It's not that slow, we've seen a lot of things coming from Axel Davy in the past few months.

Comment

In this wine version various titles still needed csmt entry registry active case vanquish

Comment

Working...
                    X