Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 26 Beta Has Been Delayed

Phoronix: Fedora 26 Beta Has Been Delayed

Fedora is continuing in their common release theme of delays.....

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The gnome-shell (Wayland version) used in Fedora 26 is rather crash-happy. But it also seems to be much faster than the version used in Fedora 25. So far I've just been putting up with it on my laptop.

I upgraded my home server to Fedora 26 this morning. It upgraded OK but I noticed that the GUI is completely frozen up on the little round Fedora logo. Luckily as a server it doesn't need a GUI. I just have one installed because I occasionally log into it and use it.

So this is definitely something that they should fix.

Comment

Personally, I don't care much about these delays as long as the final image is stable enough to be installed and used daily. Fedora is already updating many important components (at least in my case kernel, firefox, mesa, etc) so I'm not gonna miss much waiting one more month.

Comment

Gotta love Fedora for focusing on quality over meeting a hard set deadline. I switched from Arch to Fedora around the time of Fedora 19 and have never looked back.

Comment

Fedora Beta's have never been out on time an none will , they'll always be Delayed, even the final.

Comment

Fedora delay is not a news. News are fedora releasing in time.

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
              Personally, I don't care much about these delays as long as the final image is stable enough to be installed and used daily. Fedora is already updating many important components (at least in my case kernel, firefox, mesa, etc) so I'm not gonna miss much waiting one more month.
              x2, product quality is far more important than meeting an arbitrary release schedule. If it doesn't work as advertised, it's not usable. I've been very happy with F25 MATE spin and will continue to use it. Like you said, F25 has been kept up to date with a lot of major stuff, so I'm in no rush for a new version.

Comment

As always, I'll wait 3 months before upgrade anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
                  you might as well as Hold off til Fedora27, im thinking of doing it myself

Comment

Originally posted by cen1 View Post
                    Originally posted by Anvil View Post
                    you might as well as Hold off til Fedora27, im thinking of doing it myself
                    Oh yeah? I don't consider a Fedora release truly stable until it reaches end-of-life.
                    Only then can it have achieve full maturity.
                    I'm installing Fedora 23 right now. Looking forward to the new features in Gnome 3.18, and finally able to use Python3 by default.

/s

Comment

Working...
                    X