Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing F2FS With Its Multi-Drive Capabilities

Phoronix: Testing F2FS With Its Multi-Drive Capabilities

Late last year F2FS picked up multiple device support for this Flash-Friendly File-System. This F2FS multi-drive capability isn't native RAID support like Btrfs but just allows a single F2FS file-system to span multiple devices. But it's more than that in that block allocation and the garbage collection policy is modified to boost I/O performance by taking advantage of the multiple SSD/flash devices.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just curious, but what was the cpu utilisation?

It would be nice putting it up against MD raid0 and Btrfs raid0 next multi disk filesystems comparison.

Comment

I also would like to know the CPU usage. I feel its essentially irrelevant with the CPU choice, but if that method is a RAID-0-like, that's some bizarre results.

Can we see the chappy's results you mentioned Michael? Any one else chime in with their own results?
      Hi

Comment

Would be cool to have tests on crappier media, like USB flash drives or SD cards. As that's where f2fs should make a bigger difference. On SSDs there is already a beefy controller dealing with that.

Comment

Working...
        X