Some Interesting RadeonSI vs. NVIDIA Results For An Upcoming Linux Port

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@yeulC View Post
    Carmac may no longer work for ID, but their Linux ports from Quake 3 Arena onward were mostly the handywork of Timothee Besset and Doom 3: BFG Edition still came out on Linux after he left ID. After leaving ID Timothee ported over Rocket League, so I wouldn't be too surprised if this port is his handy work. As for AotS, there's been a demand for Vulkan support and a Linux port for some time so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Vulkan and Linux efforts go hand-in-hand.

Just Cause 3 may just fit the bill and Mad Max did finally show up on Linux with a rather short lead-up time.

However I wouldn't put my hopes up too hard for a Skyrim port as no previous Creation engine game has been ported to Linux or OSX, meaning that a native port is a metric tonne of work and wrappers need loads of engine specific work to function properly.
    Last edited by L_A_G; 30 March 2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Looks demanding. If the OpenGL port scores worse than DX11 (which is to be expected), it might be RoTR.
      Might also explain the bad performance of the 980 vs. 1060, RoTR devours VRAM with maxed out textures. The low fps with High preset would be a bit weird, though.

Comment

I know!I know!I know!
        It's Minesweeper.

Comment

it's mad max with vulkan well i will prefer hitman but that is ok, better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
            I know!I know!I know!
            It's Minesweeper.
            MinesweeperVR more specifically

Comment

It's most certainly is not Doom. Those benchmark numbers would be terrible for it considering how well it runs in wine. My 1050ti gets 60+ fps when set to ultra @1080p.

Comment

Witcher 3 has Extreme settings i think

Comment

Originally posted by xpander View Post
                  Witcher 3 has Extreme settings i think
                  Honestly Witcher 3 would make sense. Witcher 2 was ported and I was a little surprised the 3rd one wasn't.

Comment

Witcher 3 doesn't have "extreme" settings, unless you actually add such presets with a mod. Would be nice though, I'm still not finished with Blood and Wine, and it's easily the best game I've ever played.

Comment

Compared to W3, W2 is quite mediocre. But that's true for most games.
                      Didn't like B&W as much as the main game and HoS though.

Comment

Working...
                      X