FreeNAS 10 released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeNAS 10 released!

Why not an article on theirl atest release of FreeNAS?
    Last edited by horizonbrave; 22 April 2017, 07:47 PM.

Nice! My brother has been waiting for this!

Comment

In case, people here haven't heard of it yet: FreeNAS Corral (v10) is already deprecated and support is dropped after a month. There is a lengthy post about v9.10 being more stable and how they plan to bring over some of Corral's functionality to v9. As someone, who moved his home server to Corral just a week ago, this is a real slap in the face. I realize that upgrading soon after releases is always a risk but there are two points to be made IMHO:

1. Someone has to be the early adopter to report the bugs and provide information for further development and deployment.
      2. While it is absolutely reasonable to have some trouble with newly released software, rolling out a major release as stable should at least guarantee that there will be further maintenance releases in the future. As things seem right now this will not be the case. Now, they are calling Corral - the highly advertised "hyperconverged" release - an experiment and are dropping it all together.

As of yesterday, the images were still available for download without any notice. So beware, if you were preparing to set up your own server! I gotta say: I am beyond frustrated. Particularly, since v9 does not offer all the functionality v10 has and to even be able to use your v10 zfs-pools, you need to use the v9 nightlies at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by GruenSein View Post
        FreeNAS Corral (v10) is already deprecated and support is dropped after a month
        Shocking I found out through the forums after noticing they removed the blog entry regarding the v10 release. I was expecting at least a new blog entry... I may think that they'll write one soon enough (they planned the release of v11 for 1st of May). Yes, new versioning scheme!
        Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X