Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu 17.04 Final Beta Released

Phoronix: Ubuntu 17.04 Final Beta Released

The final beta releases for Ubuntu 17.04 "Zesty Zapus" has just occurred...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Still no X.org 1.19

Comment

Originally posted by nazar-pc View Post
      Still no X.org 1.19
      Neither is PHP 7.1.
      Python 3.6 is only available as an installable package with name python36, but the python3 package is still 3.5.
      Other than that, GNOME Terminal is stuck at 3.20, and Gedit and and Nautilus are old too.

Comment

People still not getting Ubuntu isn't shipping the latest packages of almost anything. Check.

Comment

Finally, an Ubuntu (non-derivative) with Ryzen support that isn't a nightly build. Already installed :-)

Comment

Debian 9 RC9 has PHP 7.1., Python 3.6 ( not sure ) , the kernel is new if install wine-statig 2.3 i can play wow , don't even need to install drivers for my RX480.

Comment

Originally posted by existensil View Post
              Finally, an Ubuntu (non-derivative) with Ryzen support that isn't a nightly build. Already installed :-)
              I guess if we had planned a bit further ahead we could have asked Canonical to work "Zen" into the 17.04 release name instead of "Zesty".
              Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by nazar-pc View Post
                Still no X.org 1.19
                xserver 1.19 has been out for quite some time now. Debian Stretch will release with it, and xmir has been recently ported so we can push 1.19 to zesty now. It's currently being staged on a ppa: https://launchpad.net/~canonical-x/+archive/ubuntu/x-staging The main features of this release are: - PRIME synchronization support, should reduce tearing on hybrid setups - GLAMOR (2D accel over OpenGL) improvements - threaded input This bugreport is also for gathering testing feedback. Tested to ...

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Neither is PHP 7.1.
                  Python 3.6 is only available as an installable package with name python36, but the python3 package is still 3.5.
                  Other than that, GNOME Terminal is stuck at 3.20, and Gedit and and Nautilus are old too.
                  PHP 7.1 packages are available in PPA from the same person who is maintaining PHP packages in Ubuntu, so I'm using it for a long time already.
                  There are also PPAs for Mesa, but I'm not aware of solid PPA with X.org 1.19.

Comment

Working...
                  X