Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender Making Progress On Its Realtime PBR Engine

Phoronix: Blender Making Progress On Its Realtime PBR Engine

Eevee is the codename for the Blender project to implement a realtime engine with physically-based rendering (PBR) within Blender 2.8...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Ive been waiting for big changes like this in blender for ages.
    I hope this gets implemented in 2.8 along side their "workflow project" if there are 2 things blender needs desperately is new UI layout/workflow and PBR replacing blender render headache.

Comment

Originally posted by yian88 View Post
      I hope this gets implemented in 2.8 along side their "workflow project" if there are 2 things blender needs desperately is new UI layout/workflow and PBR replacing blender render headache.
      It wasn't long ago it got a new UI. Changing the UI too often will alienate users. I know people are still using the old Blender because of the UI change.

Comment

Pabst Blue Ribbon?

Comment

Blender is not getting a new UI, the workflow project is more about being able to tailor to a certain task (3D printing, animation, VSE, Blender 101 etc).
          Eevee will eventually take over the task of Blender Internal, though this is probably not a short term task.

Comment

What? Blender Internal doesn't run in the viewport, period. This is a new renderer altogether for the viewport. We already have cycles for good quality lighting in final renders. Eevee should bridge the gap to the viewport, as far as I'm aware this is a unique feature for Blender, not an area where they're "catching up" to the industry.

Comment

blender needs desperately ... new UI layout/workflow
              It already offers seamless workflow between all the major areas of computer graphics production -- where else can you get that integration in one product? It’s well-known for being one of the fastest and most productive modellers around.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post

This is a new renderer altogether for the viewport.
                Seems like they are using a game renderer for preview mode.

Comment

That's awesome and all, but I really wanted importing videos with multiple audio tracks. It's been like 2 years since it was added to the to-do
                  BTW Do some one knows a video editor that supports importing videos with multiple audio tracks?

Comment

Yeah please do NOT change the UI. I use Blender for 3D printing and it's working quite well for this use case.

Comment

Working...
                    X